PE and Sport Premium
The Government provides additional funding to schools to help them improve physical education (PE) and sport.
Schools use the funding to enhance PE provision in school, for example to:
- hire specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers during PE lessons;
- support and involve the least active children by running after-school sports clubs and holiday clubs.
- provide resources and training courses in PE and sport for teachers;
- run sport competitions or increase pupils’ participation in the School Games;
- run sports activities with other schools.