At Brackenwood Junior School, we believe that good behaviour is essential for effective Teaching & Learning to occur and to achieve a successful and safe environment in which children can learn and develop to their full potential. We seek to promote positive behaviour strategies coupled with a fair and firm approach to unacceptable behaviour. We strive to promote social and emotional behaviour skills which will encourage independent, resilient and responsible individuals. We aim to ensure that effective behaviour management allows all children to have the opportunity and the right to learn in a safe and engaging environment that is not adversely disrupted by others. This behaviour system is underpinned by promoting teamwork and collaboration through the development of positive relationships where all members are valued.
All pupils are expected to behave in a responsible manner both to themselves and to others, showing consideration, courtesy and respect for other people at all times.
- We actively seek to tackle any form of bullying, harassment or prejudice through the use of appropriate sanctions.
- We believe in a system that develops respectful and responsible attitudes and encourages the development of appropriate behaviour.
- We believe in the development of positive behaviour for learning.
- We believe in a child-centred approach, fostering and valuing positive relationships.
- We believe in developing a positive and effective partnership with parents/carers to achieve positive outcomes for all children.